Gold Street NN6 9QE
The Baptist Church in Walgrave
Thefts of considerable amounts of lead from church roofs in a number of nearby villages have continued – please read the police report (February 2016) and report anything suspicious to the Police immediately on 101
The Lenten Lunches raised a grand total of £1500 for local charities
|Some photographs from the Queen's 90th birthday community event at St Peter's|
PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN!
The chapel continues to seek an organist/pianist to play for a Sunday service once a month.
Anyone interested should please contact Marion on 01604 781900
The Baptist Church in Walgrave was established in 1712 and has been in the present Chapel from around 1786.
There are records showing that in 1704 a Philip Deacon had his house licensed as a Meeting House [Northants Quarter Sessions]. Philip's son Moses Deacon was minister c.1732-73 and the first Baptist Chapel at Walgrave (replaced by the present building in 1786) was probably erected during his ministry [W.A. Wicks, History of Walgrave Baptist Church, 1886].
We are a small congregation of about 15 members, but do have quite a few visitors and non-church members who join in our services from time to time.
Normally we hold our weekly services on a Sunday at 10am. On the first Sunday in the month there is an all-age service, specifically targeted at the youngsters in the village; whilst we usually hold a communion service on the second Sunday in the month (please view here for all the services).
The attached schoolroom, with kitchen and disabled toilet facilities, is used by a number of different organisations – both day and evening – and is open, for a modest fee, to anyone wishing to make use of the facilities.
|Secretary:||Mrs Marion Whittle||01604 781900|
|Bookings:||Mr Michael McGuire||01604 781226|